Welcome! This is a community of intelligent meditators dedicated to spiritual awakening. This community isn’t affiliated with any particular religion; it’s open to all, regardless of religious orientation.
This community was started by me—Jacob Gotwals. I’m a longtime meditator and a psychotherapist. Through years of study and practice—with guidance and support from like-minded fellow travelers—I’ve been awakening to new ways of experiencing life.
This process has radically shifted my understanding of self, life, and reality. It’s also helped strengthen my intuition, self-awareness, and emotional intelligence—empowering me and opening the door to more joy, vitality, and peace of mind in my life. If you’re seeking this type of awakening too, I’d like to show you how I’ve done it.
Don’t Settle for a Community That’s a Poor Match for You!
If you’ve felt like a misfit in spiritual communities you’ve explored, you’re not alone. Many intelligent, spiritually-conscious people around the world face the same problem. That’s because most spiritual communities simply aren’t a good match for us geeks. We’re different from the average seeker:
- We’re intelligent. We’re motivated by a quest for truth. We want a community of open-minded critical thinkers—not rigid true believers.
- We’re discerning. We want full-on spiritual awakening—not just bliss or stress reduction.
- We’re practical. We want effective practices—not just philosophy, metaphysics, or exotic cultural experiences.
- We’re self-directed. We’re not interested in handing our lives to gurus or institutions.
If this sounds like you, welcome home! If you don’t consider yourself a geek, that’s okay—come on in anyway. (Your “inner geek” will appreciate it.)
Awakening is Possible
I want this community to be an exceptionally effective support for your awakening. I believe:
- Awakening is possible for ordinary people like us; it’s not just for spiritual superstars.
- You can awaken without long retreats; awakening can be integrated into your daily life.
- Awakening shouldn’t require learning a foreign language or difficult spiritual jargon.